A 1940's themed event with the Dad's Army Appreciation Society.
Dogs are NOT permitted on site, except registered assistance dogs.
Please be aware the museum CAFÉ will be CLOSED throughout April & May. We'd like to invite you to bring your own picnics with you at this time.
To read more please click here
Take a step back in time and come and experience the sights, sounds and spirit of the 1940s in this wonderful themed event. Hosted together with the Dad's Army Appreciation Society, and with participation from a wide range of groups, this brilliant event returns here to Bressingham on Sunday 15th May 2022.
It's a perfect day out for any lovers of that period of history and it's also a great learning opportunity for students and young people who can immerse themselves in the memorabilia, vehicles, fashions, music and more of the day. Of course, the event is set against the backdrop of our wonderful collection, including the Dad's Army vehicles, and the museum, railways and gallopers will all be open and running.
There will be displays of period vehicles and living history groups, along with musical entertainment.
Joining us for this event will be:
- Norfolk Military Vehicle Group. Formed in 1977, by a group of enthusiasts interested in restoring and exhibiting all ages and types of miltary vehicle.
- Defenders of France living history group. Portraying the French Military and the British Expeditionary Force (B.E.F.) and French Resistance during WW2.
- American Women in East Anglia During WW2. Little known stories of the American women who served alongside their male counterparts during the Second World War.
- Allied Star living history group. A Norfolk based reenactment group formed early in 2017, displaying all aspects of WW2 allied life from home front to front lines.
- Airborne Assault 1944. A living history group who portray American Airborne Infantry during WW2
- The Dad's Army Museum will be attending, along with Jones' van. The museum is located in Thetford and dedicated to the popular BBC comedy series.
- Dad's Army Appreciation Society. Dedicated to the series 'Dad's Army', which ran from 1968 until 1977. 2022 marks the shows 54th anniversary and the Society's 29th.
- Timescape. Singing duo John and Chrissie have been performing together since Spring 2002 and launched Timescape in 2004, specialising in songs from the 1940s, and stage and screen.
- Esther and Dave Dance Hall troupe
- 1940s Jive Group. If you fancy having a go at swing or jive then join in with Texas Tommy and the Jitterbug dancers.
- Bob Taylor memorabilia
- vintage hand knits
- Blitz and pieces
*** Please Note - Tesco Deals are NOT valid for use at this event. ***