Model Railway Day
Model Railway Exhibition featuring visiting layouts of a variety of scales and gauges. Exhibition will also feature a number of trade stalls.
Model Railway Exhibition 2022: SUNDAY 23rd OCTOBER
If you are interested in exhibiting a Layout please contact the museum.
As well as running the passenger carrying railways, Bressingham will have many visiting Model Rail layouts with a wide range of modelling gauges, styles and traction types – Steam, Diesel and Electric.
Trade stands make it the ideal place to buy for the train enthusiast.
Details of layouts and traders so far:
- Castle Hill. 2mm (N Gauge). Operated by Wisbech Model Railway Club.
- Easton. 2mm (N Gauge)
- Engaine-cum-Hardy. 2mm (N Gauge). A mainline station, with goods, coal and brewery sidings. The layout has featured in Model Rail (January 2013) and Railway Modeller (Sept. and Oct. 2013) magazines.
- Eu (le Treport) Depot. 7mm (0 Gauge). Depicting a French depot during the days of steam.
- Fullers Wharf. 0 and 0-16.5 Gauges. A terminus goods station, with canal and narrow gauge inter change. Set in the Cheshire/North Derbyshire area around Whalley Bridge.
- Gwlyb a gwyntog. 4mm (00 Gauge)
- Hawkin's Tower. An old, partly restored, narrow gauge railway which runs around a park with a lake and a folly called Hawkin's Tower.
- Hornby Dublo. 4mm (00 Gauge). Representing Meccano products from the 1940s-1950s. The trains operate on a three-rail track.
- Kirkby-on-Sea. 4mm (00 Gauge). Set in the 1930s. Kirby-on-Sea is a fictional west coast LMS station, with fishing harbour, boat yard and busy terminus station.
- Lego Railway.
- Little Ease. 1:16 Scale shunting puzzle layout, built in an extremely small space and at minimal cost.
- Lockdown Vale. 2mm (N Gauge). Built during lockdown, hence the name.
- Lowe Street. 4mm (00 Gauge). A late 1950s sleeper depot
- Morlock Heath. 7mm (0 Gauge). Depicting an engineer's yard, set in the 1980s.
- Nightlayer's Drove. 4mm (00 Gauge). Based on Saffron Walden, but with additional facilities. Portraying a country junction somewhere in East Anglia. Owned and operated by Cambridge Model Railway Club.
- Oh Guano. 7mm (0-16.5 Gauge). A Narrow Gauge layout,set in Australia
- Reeds Beck Waterworks 4mm (009 Gauge). A Victorian waterworks. The narrow gauge railway delivers materials for the steam pumping engine, water filters and treatment works
- Roast Green Road. 7mm Narrow Gauge depot
- Staines Barn 4mm (009 Gauge). A Sugar Beet railway, set on the south bank of the River Yare, close to the village of Claxton.
- Whitbury Town. 4mm (00 Gauge).
- The Great Eastern Railway Society
- Peter Burrell. Scenery modelling demonstration specialising in trees.
- Andy Lynch Railways
- Great Eastern Models
- Joe Lock Model Railways
- Layouts4u and Hobbytools4u
Tesco Deals are not valid for use (as per the terms and conditions that accompany them and on the Tesco Deals website) at any special event days at Bressingham including this one. No offers of any kind can be combined with tickets purchased online.